It’s that time of the year again. Love is in the air, the spirit of Valentine’s has awakened, and your time to shine has come.
This is the moment to put your cooking skills to the test and impress your partner with a luxurious romantic dinner.
After some research, we have found three accessible luxury recipes you can try that use caviar to blow your partner’s mind and heart away. After all, the way into someone’s heart is through their stomach.
We chose recipes that are easy to make, even for beginners. This way, you don’t have to compromise on something less luxurious if you don’t have that much experience in the kitchen.
Twice Baked Baby Potatoes With Caviar
Who doesn’t love baked potatoes (and the hands that bake them)?
Greg Lofts offered us a fantastic recipe that can serve as an entree or main dish of a romantic dinner.
This recipe uses bite-sized potatoes crowned with sour cream and delicious black caviar. Perfect for enjoying Valentine’s Day with a glass of your favourite beverage.
Valentine’s Tip: Arranging them into a heart shape when serving is bound to seal the deal!
Let’s take a look at the ingredients needed:
- 1 ½ pounds of baby red potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped chives (use more if you want them as an extra serving).
- Sour cream.
- Black Caviar
Time to cook:
- Preheat the oven to 420-425ºF.
- In a pot, cover potatoes with about two inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a knife but don’t completely lose their shape (8-10 minutes).
- Drain water.
- When warm enough to touch, trim and discard ¼ inch from the top of each potato.
- Trim the bottoms of the potatoes if they don’t stand upright.
- Carefully scoop flesh from the potatoes. Leave around a quarter of the flesh intact around the bottom and sides.
- Place the hollowed potatoes on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Press potato flesh through a ricer into a bowl.
- Stir with cream cheese, butter, milk and chives. (If you don’t use a ricer, mash to merge together until smooth)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potato mixture into a piping bag or a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped.
- Pipe mixture into hollowed potatoes and bake until they are heated through and brown on top (20-23 minutes)
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Top with sour cream and caviar.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Russian Deviled Eggs
Julie Smolyansky from Epicurious shared a luxurious take on the classic deviled egg recipe by adding an extra topic layer of fresh caviar.
If your partner loves everything egg-related, this luxurious appetizer recipe will melt their heart.
Let’s look at what we need:
- 6 Large brown eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved.
- ¼ cup of organic plain whole-milk kefir (a fermented drink, using cow’s or goat’s milk with kefir grains)
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 ounces (around 8 teaspoons) of red caviar
- Fresh dill or parsley, for garnish
- Remove the yolks from the eggs after cutting them in half lengthwise and place them in a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork, then add the kefir, wasabi paste, mayonnaise, and sea salt.
- Mix well.
- Place the mixture back into the egg whites, topping them with 1 teaspoon of caviar.
- Arrange the deviled eggs on a platter and garnish with herbs.
Russian Caviar Blini
Sometimes simple is superior.
Food YouTube channel and blog TatyanasEverydayFood offers a wonderful blini caviar recipe that can be done in 20 minutes!
A blini’s taste can go with any type of food, be it sweet or savoury, making them a safe and easy choice for any occasion. Having them as a Valentine’s Day meal is no exception.
Valentine’s Tip: You guessed it! You can even go a step further than what the recipe tells you and make the blinis heart-shaped to celebrate the occasion.
Let’s look at what we need to begin:
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Salmon Roe or other red caviar
Time to cook:
Step 1: Blini
- Whisk together egg, milk and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder together into the mixture.
- Whisk until you get rid of all the clumps and the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat a large frying pan and add a small amount of oil.
- Use one tablespoon of the mixture per blini and fry over medium heat until golden brown. Then, turn once.
Step 2: Serving
- Combine sour cream and dill.
- Spread on blini
- Top with caviar
- Serve and enjoy!
Are you not feeling like a chef?
Check out our Romantic Dinner Package that ships ready to eat Porto wine-infused foie gras pate and black & red caviar!
With Red Caviar, enjoy luxury dinners at accessible prices. We were the first supplier to allow easy and fast order of caviar online in the Toronto area. We have maintained our friendly service through the years, satisfying hundreds of happy customers.