Jakuro-Dzusi or Pomegranate Sushi
Planning a Japanese themed party? Want to impress your guests? We got a nice idea for you!
For 4 portions of unique flower-shaped sushi you would need:
- Sushi rice (100gr)
- Nori (4 pieces)
- 3-4 eggs
- 4 table spoons of cream cheese
- Soy sauce (2 table spoon)
- Red Caviar
- Rice vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
How to prepare:
- While rice is boiling, we need to pan-fry the omelet (it’s not a classic Japanese Tamago but pretty close). Mix and whip eggs, cream-cheese and soy sauce and bake a thin omelet
- Add omelet squares to each Nori piece (omelet size has to be a bit smaller than Nori).
- By this time your rice should be ready; open a lid and let cool for a while.
- Moister your fingers with a mixture of rice vinegar and sugar and roll small rice balls; add a drop of wasabi at the center of each ball and place it at the center of omelets.
- Squeeze your fingers around nori, so you will get a sushi ball. Give it a few minutes and then remove your wrap, placing it face down.
- The last step – cut your sushi globs with a cross cut and add red caviar inside your “flower”.
Translated from russian. Originaly was published here: http://www.povarenok.ru/recipes/show/68238/